January 07, 2009

I would have liked you anyway

Olov Antonsson talking about John Sebastian yesterday suddenly gave me a strong urge to listen to The Lovin' Spoonful. I hardly do that enough. Daydream, Summer in the city, Do you believe in magic... they're the kind of classics I'll never tire of.

The cover of You didn't have to be so nice has always been my favourite Sportique song, and Coconut grove named one of the most promising artists of 2008. There's no need to make that link to indiepop here as an excuse for this post though; these originals are just lovely.

I'm looking forward to hearing a Cocoanut Groove-cover of Coconut grove one day!

Apparently, The Lovin' Spoonful are still going. Without John Sebastian and guitarist Zal Yanovsky I doubt we want to take this incarnation very seriously though.

Download (Mediafire)
1. The Lovin' Spoonful - Coconut grove
2. The Lovin' Spoonful - You didn't have to be so nice

No comments: