February 19, 2009

The Kinks

Of course there's nothing new I can say about The Kinks. I'm not going to try. It just needs reminding every now and then how great they were. So here's an easy post!

Who wouldn't want to hear You really got me or Waterloo sunset at the climax of any indiepop disco? Who's not waiting for the day an Indiepop Tribute To The Kinks album is released? Who doesn't have at least a handful of happy childhood memories connected to one or more Kinks songs? Did I say childhood? No need to limit it to that. This music still makes me happy every time.

Unlike The Beatles, to name just another band, not all Kinks' classics have been played to death, while they easily wrote as many.

On a better day, I could have said all kinds of beautiful things about this. Today this'll have to do: I bloody love The Kinks.

Here's just a very few of my long list of favourites.

Download (Mediafire)
1. The Kinks - Stop your sobbing
2. The Kinks - I'm not like everybody else
3. The Kinks - Too much on my mind
4. The Kinks - Nothin' in the world can stop me from worryin' 'bout that girl

No comments: