April 27, 2009

Stop your sobbing

Work. I don't write about that often, do I? That's probably because it's so unimportant to me. Work to live, not live to work and all that, you know what I mean. I suppose that goes for most of us. But here I am, another Monday at work.

I don't mind the work itself so much. It's quite a bit below my level of eduction so it's often somewhat mind numbing, but I knew that when I accepted this job. I won't complain about that. But the people! There's not a lot more tiring than listening to people complaining, is there? So complaining about people complaining might be even worse. I apologize in advance. But.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARHHHHHHHHHHHHHG!
Shut up, shut up, shut up! Shut. Up.
Shut up? Please?
Shhhhh.

You know, I never say that. So that felt nice.
Actually, I've tried in the past - in a much more diplomatic way - but people do not necessarily like you better for it. Strange, I know.

Isn't it amazing what people can complain about? If you find the energy to complain about what so and so did on a Friday night, you must be among the luckiest persons on earth. If you can't stop nagging everyone about how a certain piece of clothing was not as good as you expected, you should go out and celebrate. You obviously don't have any real problems.

That's probably not true though, is it?
And that's what fascinates me.

Download (Mediafire)
1. How Many Beans Make Five - Learning to keep my mouth shut
2. The Housemartins - I bit my lip

No comments: