February 23, 2010

Boring is the new exciting

The bicycle ride from work to home is less than ten minutes. It's the only time I really have every day to listen to some music. Lately those almost ten minutes have been filled completely with The Kinks' You really got me on repeat. I'm not sure what makes me want to hear that old song so often suddenly. It fills me with the right amount of positive energy, I suppose.

Ten minutes a day is hardly enough to give any new music a serious chance. I've been listening a lot to The Garlands' side of the Atomic Beat Records single, but I've not been able to find the time, patience and energy to listen to a whole album. So it's been quiet here too, you may have noticed.

A quick personal update?

I got a promotion. My girlfriend's sister moved in with us six weeks ago. It's still snowing every other day. London's Popfest is happing this week and I can only dream about it. And last but not least, our baby is still waking up at least 5 times a night. I could really do with some boring, quiet days just for myself.

But life is good.

An hour to go at work. Right now the sun is shining.
My ride home will be nice for a change.

Yeah, you really got me now
You got me so I can't sleep at night

No comments: