September 20, 2008

Undercover poplover, part 5

While The Pastels almost manage to improve Daniel Johnston's song, Tullycraft give The Judy's gem a fun try and The Smittens sing The Angels' classic with their already legendary enthusiasm, I almost wish every band would only do covers for a little while. There's so much great new new music coming out lately that I hardly have time to catch up anymore. If everyone would only play new old songs for a couple of months I might feel less like I'm missing half of what I want to hear.

Who could have possibly imagined a couple of years back that I would be asking for less great new indiepop? It's a wonderful world, really.

Download (Mediafire)
1. The Pastels - Speeding motorcycle
2. Tullycraft - She's got the beat
3. The Smittens - My boyfriend's back

No comments: